- Start the day by visiting South Beach and soaking up the sun on its famous sandy shores. Rent a beach chair and umbrella, go for a swim, or just relax and people watch.
- In the afternoon, visit the Art Deco Historic District and learn about Miami’s architecture and history. Take a guided tour or walk around on your own and admire the colorful and stylish buildings.
- For dinner, head to Little Havana and savor some authentic Cuban cuisine. Try some traditional dishes like ropa vieja, arroz con pollo, or vaca frita, and enjoy the lively atmosphere of the neighborhood.
- Drive to the Everglades National Park for a morning airboat tour, where you can observe alligators, birds, and other wildlife in their natural habitat. Learn about the ecosystem and its importance, and take plenty of photos.
- In the afternoon, visit the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, where you can admire exotic plants and flowers from around the world. Take a stroll through the gardens, attend a demonstration or workshop, and visit the butterfly exhibit.
- End the day with dinner at a seafood restaurant in Coconut Grove. Choose a place with a view of the water and try some local favorites like stone crab, conch fritters, or ceviche.
- Visit the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, a beautiful Renaissance-style villa with a stunning collection of European art and furnishings. Explore the rooms, admire the antique furnishings, and stroll through the gardens, taking in the scenic views of Biscayne Bay.
- In the afternoon, check out the Perez Art Museum Miami, which features modern and contemporary art from around the globe. Walk through the galleries, attend a lecture or workshop, and enjoy the stunning views of the park and bay from the terrace.
- End the day with dinner in Wynwood, the city’s arts and culture district, and enjoy some street art and nightlife. Explore the murals, visit some galleries or museums, and try some local cuisine or drinks.
- Drive to the Florida Keys and visit Key Largo, known for its vibrant coral reefs and underwater wildlife. Rent a kayak, go snorkeling, or take a glass-bottom boat tour to see the colorful fishes and corals.
- In the afternoon, stop by John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, where you can go snorkeling or scuba diving. Explore the underwater world and take a guided tour or just swim around on your own.
- End the day with a relaxing dinner at a seafood restaurant in Key West. Choose a place with a view of the sunset and try some local specialties like conch chowder, key lime pie, or stone crab claws.
- Spend the day exploring Key West, starting with a visit to the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum. Walk through the rooms, admire the antique furnishings, and visit the cats (descendants of Hemingway’s own feline friends).
- In the afternoon, take a sunset sail along the coast and watch the sun dip into the ocean. Sip on some cocktails, listen to live music, and enjoy the views of the sunset and the city.
- End the day with dinner at a local restaurant and enjoy some live music. Try some Caribbean or Cuban cuisine and dance the night away.
Day 6: Key Largo
- Start the day by exploring John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, the first undersea park in the United States. Rent a snorkel or scuba gear and take a dive in the pristine waters to see colorful fish and other marine life.
- Next, head to the African Queen Canal Cruise, a classic steamboat that takes you through the picturesque waterways of Key Largo. You will have the opportunity to see a variety of birds, mangroves, and other wildlife along the way.
- In the evening, dine at a local seafood restaurant and enjoy the fresh catches of the day.
Day 7: Miami
- Begin the day with a visit to the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, a stunning Mediterranean-style villa built in 1916. The museum is filled with art, furniture, and decor from the Renaissance period, and the grounds are filled with beautiful gardens, fountains, and sculptures.
- Next, spend some time shopping at the iconic Lincoln Road Mall, a pedestrian-only shopping area with plenty of boutiques, restaurants, and cafes.
- Finish your Miami road trip with a visit to the Wynwood Walls, a large outdoor art museum featuring works from some of the world’s best street artists. Explore the vibrant murals, take photos, and indulge in the unique atmosphere of Wynwood.
- End the day with a farewell dinner at one of Miami’s top restaurants, where you can savor the flavors of the city one last time before departing.
Read More: 7-day Miami road trip itinerary